hi, my work is moving from Westend (devastated) to Banyo (super devastated).  Im still planning on riding as much as I can, maybe driving somewhere south of the Gateway and then riding, but at least doing the full ride as often as I can.

I did a preliminary ride from Salisbury, through Coorparoo into Murarie and then onto the Bridge.

The problem is when i get off the Gateway to get to Banyo.  Early in the morning we did Nudgee road, but im not very keen on doing that during business hours during the week.

Is there another way to get to Kedron Brook?

I have also the route where I just go from Salisbury into the city, through roma st and past the hospital, through back of Albion and onto kedron brook at lutwych and then follow it all the way through that way.

But thought it mite be nice to have a loop for the commute.

Is there a better way?

Views: 145

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Murrarie Train Station?

Your question does make me think that there could be an unfulfilled need for park'n'ride facilities around Brisbane (entrepreneurialism 101 - fulfill unfulfilled needs ... damn that lecturer for burning that into my brain :)

Only train stations and some bus stations currently provide park'n'ride facilities - and as far as I know there are none specifically for those who choose to drive part of the journey and then ride or walk the rest of the way.

Yes ... this could be part of the solution to road congestion ... I think I'll include this in the "list of demands" I'm compiling for the Queensland Government candidates in the electorate I live in. They've all told me what they want, but no-one has yet asked me what I want - but I'm gonna tell 'em anyway :D

PS.

Another thing about Murrarie Railway Station is that one end of the  Bulimba Creek bikeway is across the road from the station - and the other end of the Bulimba Creek bikeway goes down past the South-east Busway Park'n'Ride on Miles Platting Road at Eight Mile Plains which is only five or six kilometres east of Salisbury.

RSS

Community Ads

Sponsors

© 2017   Created by DamianM.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service